This dish came about by accident really but it worked really well, it is extremely easy and very satisfying. I’ve only recently given bulgur wheat a go and was pleasantly surprised; is it a light accompaniment that is easy to flavour. I would recommend boiling the bulgur wheat in any type of stock and I often put a whole clove of garlic in the water to flavour it even more. Rubbing curry paste on chicken also works really well.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 salmon fillets
1 tbsp tikka curry paste
1/2 red onion
2 cloves garlic
4 cherry tomatoes
1 small red pepper
150-200g bulgur wheat
1 vegetable stock cube
2tbsp greek yoghurt
1tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190C/Gas mark 5.
2. Chop the courgette and aubergine into cubes, roughly slice the red pepper and peel the garlic.
3. Place the vegetables in a baking tray,drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and mix together. Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
4. Spread the tikka curry paste over the salmon fillets.
5. Bring the vegetable stock to the boil, add the bulgur wheat (5.5 parts liquid to 1 part bulgur wheat), stir, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until all of the water has been absorbed.
6. Meanwhile grill the salmon for 15-20 minutes.